Jim and I drove my parents up to Aunt Jackie and Uncle Bern's the other night for a dinner party. We only stayed for a drink then left to join friends for dinner. We came back about 3 hours later to pick them up. Uncle Bob and Joan were there as well as Nora and Rudy, Mike and Karen and Uncle Dan. Everyone had a good time and of course Aunt Jackie made a nice dinner. I discovered that this year (October)Uncle Mike will officially be a senior citizen! Dad said Uncle Rudy seemed good. He is still able to drive which I am sure helps keep his spirits up. I only saw them briefly but except that he was attached to oxygen, he looked good to me.
Kevin makes a good point, however Chace was there - make no mistake about it - this kid gets around. We had to pick him up at the airport on Friday. He flew first class with his stroller, luggage and elmo diapers. He took quite a shine to Mark! Just a few pictures from the party this past Saturday...
Comments
Back in October, I think, Uncle Rudy had a mild heart attack. He really should have bypass surgery but has a problem with his lungs (asbestosis?) and is not a good candidate for the procedure. They were able to do an angioplasty on one artery and may be able to do another one at a later date. He is using oxygen at all times but seems to be managing very well and is getting good reports from his doctor.