Skip to main content

It's Lovely

Last Christmas I picked up an electric can opener for John. As everything John did sent him into coughing fits, I thought this could help him in getting a can of soup going or whatever .

I finally got my duff into Vancouver during the holidays with the idea of giving John the gift and then out to lunch we would go.

I presented the wrapped box to John who proceeded to unwrap it, stared at it for a moment and said to the effect " A can opener, I'll never use it, I never cook, what would I do with it?"

Believe it or not this did not bother me as John was an honest man and he was showing me his honesty.Painful honesty.

Another minute passed all the while he looked at the opener then he piped up with "Really I'll never use it but thank you."

Then out we went for lunch never to speak of it again.

Kevin has informed me that when he was going through John's things that the opener was still in the box. Maybe we can give it away at the wake?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's 80th Party pictures

Kevin makes a good point, however Chace was there - make no mistake about it - this kid gets around. We had to pick him up at the airport on Friday. He flew first class with his stroller, luggage and elmo diapers. He took quite a shine to Mark! Just a few pictures from the party this past Saturday...

Some of Paul Bochsler's pictures

I took a million silly pictures, thank goodness some of y'all were taking the same shot and are better photographers, but here are a few from my camera's perspective. Gosh, I'm trying to upload a zillion of them and it only takes four at a time. Bear with me. Note the 'two Jacks', 'Peter, Paul & Mary', and the oldest and youngest of the cousins. Paul

What number are you?