Skip to main content

The cool guy with the hat!

My first clear memory of Uncle John was a visit he made to us in Milton. Our parents were going away for the weekend. Aunt Karen and Uncle Mike were coming to have a relaxing weekend with the three of us kids. I remember running to the car full of excitement when a huge leather hat came out from the back! I was in awe. Where did they find him? He had a long beard, a very trendy coat and a warm smile. Mom told us this was our Uncle John, her brother. I was in shock!! How could my mother have a "hippie brother". I remember bits and pieces of that weekend but I clearly remember Uncle John taking a piece of grass and making noises with it. Climbing up on his lap to hear him read me a story in a very exciting tone. It's not a big memory but its a nice one.

Comments

robbyblogger said…
Nicely done.I also remember very mushy pasta that weekend, do you?

Rob

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's 80th Party pictures

Kevin makes a good point, however Chace was there - make no mistake about it - this kid gets around. We had to pick him up at the airport on Friday. He flew first class with his stroller, luggage and elmo diapers. He took quite a shine to Mark! Just a few pictures from the party this past Saturday...

Some of Paul Bochsler's pictures

I took a million silly pictures, thank goodness some of y'all were taking the same shot and are better photographers, but here are a few from my camera's perspective. Gosh, I'm trying to upload a zillion of them and it only takes four at a time. Bear with me. Note the 'two Jacks', 'Peter, Paul & Mary', and the oldest and youngest of the cousins. Paul

What number are you?